Salad of asparagus with radishes from the Ferme Aux Petits Oignons
Springtime marks the arrival of an abundance of local farm produce. Among the offerings that we impatiently await: asparagus and the first local radishes. The Ferme Aux Petits Oignons, located in Mont-Tremblant, offers organic vegetables grown on their land. There are two ways to obtain them: by registering for regular organic baskets, or directly from their farmers’ market – two delicious options for eating local and organic!
Portions: salad for 4 to 6 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts
- 2 bunches Quebec asparagus
- 1 bunch organic radishes from the Ferme Aux Petits Oignons
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) old-fashioned mustard
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fleur de sel (special salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F with the rack in the centre.
2. Transfer the nuts to a cast-iron pan or a cooking sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly roasted. Remove from oven and chop coarsely. Reserve.
3. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook asparagus for two minutes. Drain, and place immediately in a large bowl of water full of ice cubes to completely stop the cooking process.
4. Drain well, and transfer to a large salad bowl.
5. Cut the radishes into quarters and add to the asparagus.
6. Place all dressing ingrediants in a Mason jar and shake well to obtain a smooth mix.
7. Add the cooled nuts, dill and dressing to the radishes and asparagus. Mix, and place on individual plates. Serve with big slices of sourdough and olive oil bread, toasted on the barbecue.
Illustration by Valentine Leclerc Anderson — valentineillustrates.com
More from this author by clicking on her photo below
Julie Zyromski10 Posts
Gastronome et productrice de vins à Rivière-Rouge, QC, elle est auteure de Saisons : La table végane ainsi que co-créatrice de Meadow & Land. Gastronome and wine producer in Rivière-Rouge, QC. She is the author of Saisons: La table végane and co-creator of Meadow & Land.